Senior Cloud Architect (Kubernetes, Azure) at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Enterprise R&D team is responsible for building the next generation Conversational AI solutions for the worlds largest Financial, Telecom, Retail and Transportation companies leveraging the latest speech recognition, natural language understanding and analytics technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a strong and motivated lead software architect. Your main responsibilities will be,but will not be limited to:
- Solving complex technical problems by quarterbacking a cross functional team of technical experts
- Managing a small team of architects
- Working with the engineering VP to define a vision of technical excellence for software architecture, tools and processes
- Working closely with the Quality Assurance and Hosted Operations teams to deploy, troubleshoot and optimize cloud solutions
- Analyzing existing systems and propose software architecture improvements, paying particular attention to latency, accuracy and extensibility
- Assessing competing architectures and technical assets from different Nuance teams and acquisitions. Propose a technology consolidation plan which leverages the best IP fromeach solution
- Writing detailed designs, clearly convey intent and ideas to the developers
- Communicating ideas and plans to a diverse set of colleagues, negotiate technical solutions across teams when needed
- Working in a distributed environment with teams from around the world
- Seamlessly shift between multiple, concurrent projects
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
Education:Bachelors, Masters or PHD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Minumum years of experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership/management experience, ideally software architecture.
- 12 + years software industry experience.
- Hands experience architecting software systems, designing and delivering software modules. Primary focus is on software design.
- Deep experience architecting a large scale solution on the cloud, billions of cloud transactions per month.
- Deep experience with agile methodologies; continuous integration, delivery and deployment to production.
- Strong Programming experience with Java, specifically J2EE on Linux
- Dev Ops experience using infrastructure such as Docker / Kubernetes, CloudFoundry , Mesos or equivalent.
- Experience working with SOA, Spring microservices or equivalent
- Relational database experience – Oracle, My SQL, MS SQL or equivalent
- Big data experience – Hadoop, Cassandra or equivalent.
- Complete software life cycle experience, including deployment to production.
- Clear passion for software engineering, design and performance.
- Must be able to work in a distributed environment and balance competing priorities.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal, is required for communication with globally distributed Nuance teams and customers.
- Good people and negotiation skills, able to listen to disparate technical opinions and build consensus.
- AI industry experience.
- Speech recognition and Natural language industry experience.
- Leading a team of architects.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.