DUST Identity is looking for a Senior Back-End Software Engineer to join our collaborative and multifaceted engineering team dedicated to addressing vulnerabilities in the global supply chain.
What We Are Looking For
Bits (what we call our software engineering team) covers many engineering disciplines including web development, APIs and services, data management & administration, devops, and machine vision. We are seeking new team members who are passionate about technology and can’t wait to share with and learn from other team members. We regularly collaborate with Photons (our machine vision team) and Atoms (our hardware engineering team) on a number of overlapping projects. Whether you have spent the past 10 years building out superb SaaS solutions, implementing complex algorithms and architectures, or have a knack for firmware bridging the physical and digital domains, we want to hear from you!
As a Senior Back-End Software Engineer, you have consumed countless APIs, libraries, and tools. You understand what it means to be the target user that other companies designed these products for. You appreciate a well-constructed interface, clear and approachable documentation, informative error messages, stable and well-documented releases, and have a passion for building tools that you yourself would want to use. You strongly believe SDKs and APIs should be designed and built as a product.
DUST Identity is a physical object security solution that uses nanodiamonds to securely tag physical objects so they are uniquely identifiable. Think of a barcode, but invisible and unfalsifiable. With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless artifact — is genuine. DUST aims to become the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with cross-functional teams to analyze customer problems, translate them into sellable features that align with our broader vision, and design technical specifications that can deliver a high-quality product experience.
- Productize our APIs and SDKs into tools you as an engineer would be delighted to use.
- Establish and champion the adoption of high-quality software development practices, from technical design to deploy-to-production.
- Share your expertise with the extended development team through code reviews, lunch & learns, and other mediums; facilitate team growth and a cohesive code base.
- Grow the engineering processes and company culture.
- Consistently leave the code you touch in a better state than you found it; advocate for technical enhancements that both improve developer experience and result in a better product.
What You Bring
- A desire to solve our users’ challenges while implementing our strategic product vision.
- Proven leadership and technical excellence within an existing software organization.
- Discipline and adherence to testable software design.
- Prior knowledge and experience designing complex systems in a microservices architecture.
- A deep understanding of data structures and data stores, the tradeoffs between them, and how to apply them within the constraints of the problem domain.
- Experience anticipating performance bottlenecks and mitigating them with proven algorithms and architectures, as well as diagnosing and eliminating inefficiencies when they do arise.
- Accountability, ownership, and a desire to learn and to teach.
- The pursuit of excellence in your work.
Things That Separate You
- Experience developing for OpenAPI, JSON:API, and JSON Schema
- Contributions to Open-source projects
- Familiarity with code-generation from schemas
Python + Flask
React.js + React Query
PostgreSQL + SQLAlchemy + Alembic
Start Date: Immediately. Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Location: Framingham, MA
Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
• Working on a product that matters
• Commercializing technology (quantum and blockchain)
• Flex work locations can be accommodated for certain roles
• An abundance of snacks/coffee
• Medical and dental insurance
• Flexible paid time off policy
• Vision insurance
• Casual dress
• Reverse commute with plenty of parking
• 10-minute walk from the train station