Senior Android Software Engineer at Bevi
Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 10x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are always seeking great software developers to build future versions of our software. Our ideal candidate, while having their areas of expertise, will not shy away from digging into any part: web ui, backend, firmware and mobile applications. We are a small and fun software team in a fast growing hardware startup. Our customers love our product and you will play a crucial role in making them even happier. If you love thinking through new ideas and interactions, how to execute them in an innovative way and have a deep respect for user experience, come join our team!
As a Senior Android Developer you are eager to stay on the bleeding-edge of the mobile market across a broad spectrum of industries. Your guidance and input drives architecture and functionality decisions. Whether you prefer providing mentorship to junior engineers or acting as a technical sounding board for all, this role invites seasoned engineers to exercise their deep expertise.
Our newest Senior Android Software Engineer will:
- Maintain and extend the Bevi applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, architect, and ship new features. Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Improve the kiosk mode of Android tablets by customizing the Android OS (AOSP)
- Focus on innovating and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user
- Build a delightful UI/UX for our Android tablets
- Work with teams to add new features into existing Android offerings
- Leverage modern architectural patterns, third party libraries to deliver new features. Profile and improve app performance.
- Contribute to code quality by writing Unit, UI, and Integration tests
- Enforce code styles and best practices via code reviews and mentorship.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be part of a small, agile, driven and fun software team
- Create software that supports our physical product and take on responsibility for shaping that product
- Build enhancements to our tablet and its android mobile apps
- Use the latest open tools and processes like git and scrum
- Work with a very broad set of technologies, from embedded programming to mobile android apps, from UI to backend and database
- Scale our backend to handle factor 10 increase
We think you will bring:
- Mastery of Android SDK
- Have worked in Agile environment (Scrum preferred)
- Knowledge of web services, specifically REST APIs
- Hands on experience developing production-ready Android apps
- Experience building and shipping non trivial applications of at least reasonable complexity
- Strong analytical and technical skills, you are detail-oriented and work fast
- A true self-starter approach and love of taking on responsibility
- A hunger for keeping up with new software technologies and you can't imagine yourself not doing so. Our stack includes React.js, Redux, Android, Java and Docker
- Genuine desire and commitment to always learn, improve, produce the best work possible
- An agile mindset to thrive in a fast-pace environment
- Firmware would be a plus; embedded development; AOSP
- A BS/MS degree in CS or an allied discipline - or the equivalent in independent experience
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!