Senior Android Developer at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our Native Android Mobile Apps Team based in Boston, MA or Dania Beach, FL. The ideal candidate succeeds in a fast-paced environment, is self-motivated, and has a passion for both the business and the technology. You work independently but understand the importance of teamwork and mentorship. Ultimately, you need to be comfortable contributing to every aspect of shipping a consumer app - whether that's documentation, testing, developing in Kotlin, or improving build scripts. We pride ourselves on the Chewy culture and are looking for teammates who value collaboration, innovative problem solving, and quality products so that we can continue to provide the best possible experience for our loyal Chewy customers.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the Chewy.com ecommerce application (99.9% Kotlin) for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, architect, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs (gRPC).
- Leverage modern architectural patterns, third party libraries, and Kotlin to deliver new features.
- Profile and improve app performance.
- UI automation with Espresso.
- Enforce code styles and best practices via code reviews and mentorship.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and effectiveness.
What you'll need:
- To have worked on consumer facing Android apps as a technical lead or senior individual contributor.
- A strong grasp on the development, testing, and release lifecycles of mobile apps.
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas in a team environment.
- Intimate familiarity with Android SDK, testing frameworks, and build tooling.
- Experience with Dependency Injection, modern architectural patterns, Kotlin & RxJava.
- Passionate about learning and building with the latest and greatest in Android.
- Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectural patterns, trends, and emerging technologies.
- A sound understanding of Git, branching strategies, pull requests, and continuous integration.
- Must be willing to travel
- You’re familiar with animations, Instant Apps, and/or Architectural Components.
- You're proficient with Kotlin.
- You know what gRPC is without Googling it.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]