Security Software Engineer, Code & Architecture at DataRobot
There is no hotter field right now than Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. DataRobot is at the forefront of this trend, having established market leadership in a category called Automated Machine Learning. We’re Boston-based and we’ve raised $225M to fuel our expansive ambitions. We are growing quickly and need talented, motivated people to join the team. Our software helps organizations gain a competitive edge with AI. We’ve transformed how data science is done at the highest level, and we’re looking to extend that disruption.
We are looking for an experienced software security engineer with in-depth knowledge of the full software development who can contribute at multiple levels of the stack.
The candidate will contribute to the design, development and maintenance of security features of the core DataRobot product. The candidate will review software architecture, identify security vulnerabilities and implement certain remediations themselves. They will also make recommendations and work with code owned by other teams to improve the overall security of the application.
Requirements / Skills
- 5+ years experience as a software security engineer
- Full stack development experience
- Knowledge of security principles (confidentiality, integrity, availability)
- Knowledge of SANS/CWE Top 25, OWASP Top 10 and other Application Security principals.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design principles
- Experience with data encryption, cryptography and encryption key management
- Experience with automated code auditing/vulnerability testing
- Familiarity with Cloud and cloud automation technologies
- Full understanding of modern application client-server architectures, from the browser to databases
- Experience developing large, scalable distributed applications
- Development experience with Java, C# or other object oriented languages
- Experience with software development techniques to ensure applications are in compliance with PCI, HIPAA or FISMA.
- Experience with secure development with Cloudera Hadoop Distribution, HortonWorks Data Platform and IBM Biginsights
- Experience with docker containers, kubernetes, and other orchestration technologies
- Experience with Hadoop including Cloudera parcels, or Ambari stacks
- Experience developing and deploying software for enterprise customers