At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
We’re looking for a Security Operations Manager, Threat Detection and Response Engineering to lead and manage a growing team of analysts and threat hunters. You will provide guidance / direction to Security Operation Engineers for building and integrating new security tooling into the Klaviyo detection and response suite of tools. The mission of Threat Detection and Response Engineering is to proactively detect, respond to, and identify breach internal and external security risks and guide mitigation / remediation activities.
You will build and own solutions to quickly identify breach attempts, contain and eradicate threats, and streamline our security incident response processes with the business. You will establish metrics that demonstrate continuous improvements of the Threat Detection and Response Engineering capabilities and execute on your proposed strategy for improvements.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, Klaviyo is seeing very high growth, with many new features that require security testing, monitoring, and response..
- Manage and grow teams of talented analysts and engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- Define the strategy, roadmap, OKRs, priorities and measurable metrics for the detection and response team
- Mature processes and playbooks for detecting, investigating, and responding to incidents including technical aspects as well as communications, playbooks, tabletop simulations, etc. with a heavy emphasis on automation
- Build a world-class threat intelligence capability that allows Klaviyo to focus on the most relevant threats and those of our customers as well
- Investigate security incidents, drive them to resolution and ensure follow-through on after action reports
- Detailed process management to ensure audit trails of activities are reviewed and follow policy and audit requirements
- Proven track record of building scalable organizations that have built and improved security operations capabilities
- Experience working with AWS/Cloud environments, utilizing world class SIEM/logging systems, understand EDR technologies and the value of the telemetry data to detection / hunting, have experience driving automation using python / similar
- Clear experience building effective partnerships with internal customers to improve on short-term and long-term security operations in the service of the business
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy
- Able to take risks and move out of comfort zone by allowing teams to design new techniques and approaches that drive meaningful change
- Prior experience building security operations functions for a product or cloud-native company
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.