Security Engineer at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:26 p.m. (EST) on Monday, November 8, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
As the Security Engineer, you will focus on the evaluation, architecture, development, deployment, and operation of incident response, security monitoring, intrusion prevention, systems hardening, and vulnerability and malware prevention. We frequently work with other teams at Veeva, and look externally to partner with unique and innovative security companies.
What You'll Do
- Design, build and maintain endpoint security, vulnerability analysis, incident response, security event management, security policy enforcement.
- Design, build and maintain network security including network/firewall access control policies, runtime application self-protection, web application firewall, intrusion prevention, malware detection
- Build complete security solutions by integrating off-the-shelf and custom security tools through APIs and custom code
- Lead Incident response, from discovery, through containment, response through to reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field
- Experience in Log Management, Security Event Correlation and any SIEM technology
- Expertise in Incident Response technologies and Signature Development & analysis of false positive alerts
- 2+ years of experience in a Security Operations, Incident Response & Forensics or Security Architecture role
- Understanding of the TCP/IP Stack, Web-Application Architecture, Encryption fundamentals & OWASP Top 10
- Experience with vulnerability assessment of Linux/Windows/Mac operating systems and determining contextual risk to Veeva
- Expertise with Host operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac)
- Experience with Python/Perl or other scripting languages for automation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to take ownership and set direction in gray areas
- A burning desire to grow in both engineering and security expertise
Nice to Have
- Experience in web application assessment tools such as Burp Proxy, Metasploit, Nessus, etc.
- Experience with AWS security design and tools
- Experience with log analytics and writing security alert queries
- Experience with systems administration (RHEL7, Windows Server)
- Experience in Web-Application & Network penetration testing
- Experience with Atlassian/JIRA development
- Experience with User Directory systems (e.g. AD or other LDAP directories).
- Experience with Federated Identity Solutions (SSO/SAML).
- Desire to identify and implement automation opportunities
- Able to work independently or with a team
- Able to multi-task and deliver consistently on deadlines
- Able to give training and communicate vulnerabilities to developers/managers
- OSCP certification, CISSP certification
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]