Security Engineer at Hopper
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Implement, maintain, monitor and tune security tools and seek to continually improve Hopper's overall security posture
- Provide technical knowledge, guidance, and expertise for security tools and processes
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of infrastructure environments
- Apply your expertise to help develop security requirements, security policies, standards and best practices for the organization.
- Conduct security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments.
- Evaluate, respond, and mitigate alerts that originate from all security tools e.g. SIEM, DLP, Vulnerability Assessment, Endpoint, WAF, etc.
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Technical Degree(s) in computer science, security or a related field
- Up-to-date knowledge of issues and trends in IT Security
- Experience with a variety of security tools (SIEM, DLP, Endpoint Security, WAF, etc.)
- Familiarity with security operations processes and procedures
- Experience with one or more public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Demonstrated expertise securing public cloud accounts, ideally in a hybrid-cloud model
- Experience with DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at various technical levels
- Worked in Agile delivery teams and environment
- Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
- A collaborative nature, working with diverse teams, from business leaders to individual contributors
- Experience in scripting/coding (Python, Go, Java, etc.)
- Experience creating automated solutions & eagerness to automate
- Experience in Financial Services, Travel or Mobile is a plus