Security Engineer - Identity Architecture
At Datadog, we're on a mission to bring sanity to cloud development and operations. We need to make the heterogeneous, complex data we collect globally available and secure for users to digest and act upon.
As an identity focused security engineer on our security team, you will design, improve and build solutions that allow Datadog to securely implement unified identity across multiple public clouds, software as a service applications, and other infrastructure. These identity solutions provide Datadog with a competitive advantage in security and reliability. Your efforts will directly impact the security and efficiency of access to the applications that allow the Datadog team to achieve their mission. The role will also operate a individual contributor within the infrastructure security team assisting in day to day security duties.
We're looking for individuals with a security mindset and background in identity / access management, data science, cloud computing and working in a cross functional team.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. By joining us you will influence and own significant chunks of our infrastructure security architecture as we continue to scale and help our growing customer base do the same.
In a given week you might:
- Design methods to improve / secure access within a production environment
- Create solutions / processes to relate multiple identity sources under a single principle
- Plan for the future of identity and access at Datadog
- Prototype new ideas, test new open-source security tools
- Help other engineering teams rely on our security infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience designing, building, and managing novel solutions
- Experience with correlating identity across multiple sources
- High level of competency in cloud automation technologies such as Terraform
- High level of situational and operational awareness
- Strong understanding of the security fundamentals of access and identity
- Strong interest in security
- Can provide examples of the ability to solve difficult problems
- Demonstrated experience coordinating large projects across multiple teams.
- High level of competency with the security principles of at least one of the following: