Salesforce Technical Architect at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The Salesforce Technical Architect will have the responsibility to define the system architecture, ensuring solutions align with the product Roadmap and existing processes for each impacted team, and working on a team to define, document, and enforce Indigo’s Salesforce design methodologies. This role will build deep relationships with the product team, business team, and technology team and facilitate collaboration between these teams.
The candidate must also be analytical and adept at working in a team environment. The ability to prioritize multiple projects and effectively partner with stakeholders to drive the business forward is key.
- Analyze salesforce enhancement requests and propose best practices solution
- Oversee solution design for commercial order process
- Create technical documentation for Indigo’s current state commercial Salesforce processes
- Collaborate with product team to groom the product backlog and propose solutions for incoming architecture review requests
- Speak knowledgably about existing Salesforce technologies and identify when they can be leveraged vs custom build options
- Identify and prevent overlapping business requirements and push back on bad practice requests
- Self-motivated, high-energy performer who can thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt driven environment
- Solution-oriented thinker with excellent communication & listening skills
- Results-driven performer, capable of executing despite competing priorities
- Analytical & detail oriented. Able to present creative solutions in an organized manner
- Ability to bring structure and organization to loosely defined requirements & processes
- Highly flexible, team player who does what’s needed to get the job done
- 3+ years experience in hands-on Salesforce.com Administration/Configuration
- 2+ years experience as a business analyst or similar experience with responsibility to business process management
- Agile/SCRUM delivery framework experience, Atlassian Jira/Confluence experience preferred.
- Experience working with relational databases, Salesforce specific data modeling experience preferred
- Experience using Lucidchart / Visio or similar to document data models and process flows
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related field
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.