Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Salesforce Developer is to develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, business requirements and company goals. The Salesforce Developer must maintain a flexible work environment to facilitate quick responses to changing project requirements and must innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully.
The Salesforce Developer will be responsible for managing daily support and maintenance of the internal Salesforce.com instance and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving business requirements.
The Salesforce Developer will interact regularly with an Agile Scrum delivery team, working with Product Management & end users as needed to analyze project objectives and capability requirements. Additionally, this role will collaborate with various internal departments, including software engineering, data science & commercial, to ensure that the Salesforce environment supports needs relating to functionality and performance.
- Implement scalable design for Indigo’s existing business-facing CRM solutions
- Speak to and train on salesforce development best practices
- Build strong collaborative relationships with Indigo’s internal / external developers & software engineers
- Assist with the implementation of a data integration strategy connecting Salesforce.com with an external system
- Actively contribute to CRM Delivery sprint cycles, taking lead on solutions requiring apex development
- High level of focus on tasks, while effectively managing different priorities
- Self-motivated, solution-oriented thinker with excellent communication & creative skills
- Highly flexible, team player who does what’s needed to get the job done
- Analytical & detail oriented. Able to present creative solutions in an organized manner
- Ability to bring structure and organization to loosely defined requirements & processes
- Ability to interpret business requirements and deliver value-added solutions in an agile manner
- Results-driven performer who can thrive in fast-paced, interrupt driven environments
- Able to communicate complex solutions to both technical and business stakeholders
- Strong customer-focused mindset
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on Salesforce.com (SFDC) configuration and application development experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Salesforce Developer Certification preferred.
- Experience with Agile delivery framework. JIRA experience preferred.
- Strong experience integrating Salesforce.com with third-party solutions and custom applications.
- Experience developing customer-facing user interfaces is preferred
- Strong architectural mind-set with advanced understanding of relational data & overall capabilities of the Force.com platform
- Experience developing with Salesforce.com Lightning
- Extensive experience with automating complex business processes using declarative features such as Process Builder, Flows, approval processes & validation rules.
- Expert with configuring / customizing standard SFDC objects such as Leads, Accounts, Opportunities, Reports & Dashboards, with proven hands on experience building custom objects & solutions.
- Experience with Mulesoft or similar integration platform
- Experience working in fast paced, dynamic environment managing systems & solutions for a global end user base
- Note: Can be located in Memphis or Boston
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.