Ruby on Rails Developer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at LevelUp, a Grubhub Holdings Inc. Company, we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth, and empowers our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun, eat tons of food and win the Boston Business Journal’s #1 Best Place to Work Award (which we did twice!) along the way, even better. If you’re looking for a diverse, creative, hard-working team to solve exciting new problems with - look no further!
Our Ruby on Rails Developers sit on our Platform engineering team to build and maintain the core set of systems that power the LevelUp ecosystem, an online ordering interface and network of dozens of mobile payments apps (maybe even the ones you use to order lunch) and point-of-sale integrations. We are a team of smart, highly motivated engineers that place a high value on writing well crafted, thoroughly tested, and maintainable code. We’re growing extremely fast and are taking on the exciting challenges of keeping up with new product development while scaling our services to support higher volume and more clients.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Curious about current projects?
Here are some of the challenges that drive development for the Platform team:
- What tools can we expose to give businesses new ways to excite and reward their customers?
- What partners might want to build on top of our platform and how can we make sure our API supports their needs?
- To support international clients, what sorts of changes do we need to make to our system?
- We’re in a period of very rapid growth - what do we need to do to make sure that our systems hold up?
- We generate a ton of data - what sort of interesting things can we do with it?
You Should Have
- You have 2+ years professional software development experience with a modern web framework like Django or Rails.
- You are a team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- You are a continuous learner and love taking on new challenges.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexable PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.