As a Release Engineering Manager, you will be a directing a team of release engineers. This is a hands-on position, where the manager will be contributing on a limited basis as a technical contributor. The majority of the position, though is in management and leadership.
The Release Engineering team is tasked with creating automation for the Software Development Lifecycle.The team is responsible for maintaining all of the development-related tool chain, and to develop internal tools to increase development efficiency and security. The impact of this engineering team affects all Development and Quality Development at InterSystems.
- Direct and mentor a group of Release Engineers
- Share responsibility for the oversight of DevOps engineering across scrum teams
- Design, build, and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools
- Automate Security and UI testing.
- Design and Develop test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Full-stack development for internal applications and tooling
- Participate in code reviews, technical discussions and project meetings
- Develop installation code for our software
- Bridge the gap between Development and Operations to maintain, manage and enhance the platforms
- Effectively prioritize and manage the resolution of requests including pro-active communications and responsive follow through
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Lead and maintain discipline around build and release operations, best-practices, and protocols across the entire development team
- 3+ years of Release Engineering or DevOps experience
- Experience maintaining large-scale infrastructure, supporting production workloads, code deployment pipelines and configuration management
- Proven experience with CI/CD tools
- Working experience with but not limited to SQL queries, Bash, Batch, Perl, Python, Selenium, and Quickbuild
- Experience with source code repositories, version control systems and branch management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing a team of DevOps/ Release Engineers
- Experience working in a HealthCare industry
- Comfortable working in both Unix and Windows Environments
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies, such as VMware vSphere for VMs
- Expertise with container and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Clear understanding of coding and scripting with common languages, such as Python, Perl
Education and Training:
- BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent; (Physics, Mathematics, STEM)
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.