Release Engineer - Healthcare Applications at InterSystems
The Release Engineer will contribute to the successful development and timely deployment of robust products and customer solutions by providing technical knowledge to build processes and procedures to package together all elements of the product. Elements of the product will include compiled application software, configuration data, sample code and data, and documentation. Processes and procedures will be scripted and may be automated to bring elements together from disparate sources such as source control systems, file servers and other repositories. The released product will be packaged in such a way as to ensure consistent and reliable installation and upgrade, and to provide reliable and predictable mechanisms for moving system elements between systems.
- Build automation to script or automate a wide variety of tasks that software developers do in their day-to-day activities such as:
- Compiling computer source code.
- Packaging compiled code
- Running tests
- Deployment to production systems
- Creating documentation and or release notes
- Experience with tools such as Maven, Perforce, Perl, Jenkins, Git, Shell Scripting, Groovy and Docker
- Software configuration management (SCM) to track and control changes in the software.
- Continuous integration practices to improve the quality of software, and reduce time to deliver it
- Change Management process of requesting, determining attainability, planning, implementing, and evaluating of changes to a system.
- Release management defines the mechanisms of building and releasing software
- Packaging & Deployment the procedure of bundling elements required for the product to deploy in customer environments
- Other duties may be directed by the Company from time to time
- Expert in computer systems, software development methodology and computer networking across disparate platforms
- Expert in scripting or software development
- Ability to identify, document and implement appropriate processes and procedures.
- Ability to automate new and existing processes and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and within tight time constraints.
- Knowledge and experience with third party package and deployment tools.
- Knowledge and experience with third party source control systems.
- Knowledge and experience with product build automation.
- Knowledge and experience with product installation and upgrade.
- Ability to work with development team, product team, testing team, implementation teams and sales team to provide timely and effective solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of deploying large scale, highly available critical systems.
Education and Training
- BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent; (Physics, Mathematics, STEM)
InterSystems is the information engine that powers some of the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, finance, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems has been a strategic technology provider since 1978. InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.