AGERO + SWOOP
San Francisco based Swoop, an Agero company, provides simplicity and peace of mind in the chaotic world of roadside assistance. Agero & Swoop combined provide roadside protection for 100M+ Americans and performs 12M+ roadside services annually. As a connected vehicle service, we are in deep discussions with leading car manufacturers about their connected and autonomous vehicle experiences. We combine the benefits of a stable, profitable parent company, while offering the career opportunities and pace of a Silicon Valley startup.
Agero + Swoop are automating an entire industry that has not changed in decades. We’re taking antiquated manual systems and redefining them into digital platforms, open APIs, and exceptional customer service.
Swoop, Agero's next generation SaaS based platform powers thousands of tow operators and partners with car makers, insurers, and fleet operators to deliver a roadside product that is fast, transparent, and easy.
Our team is passionate about addressing real-world problems with digital solutions. We’re looking for enthusiastic problem solvers who are ready to join a fast paced team and make a big impact.
Learn more about our San Francisco and Boston based teams at:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a React Native Software Engineer to own the front end architecture of the mobile app for our client facing SAS platform. The platform provides roadside assistance to everything from connected vehicles to insurance apps. Some of the challenges they will face include implementing best practices for testing, continuous deployment with the app store and OTA update via Microsoft CodePush, rearchitecting the RN app with modern Relay designconventions.
- Help shape the mobile front end architecture and institute best practices throughout our code base.
- Own the mobile front end code and experience.
- Own the mobile testing suite that is written in Jest, Native Testing Library
- Own the mobile deployment stack both native deployment as well over the air code pushes
- Lead the technical design and architecture for large and complex projects
- Write well documented code with complete test coverage
- Ensure cross-platform and cross-device compatibility
- Bring innovative ideas and solve complex technology problems
- 4+ years professional experience in native mobile development (iOS or Android)
- 1+ yrs professional experience in a production React Native environment
- Strong knowledge of system design and web architectures
- Proven track record of delivering features from beginning to end
- Experience in developing & publishing in the Apple App Store/Google Play Store
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Background in web development preferably in React Web
- Experience working with GraphQL, Relay, Apollo
- Professional experience in a production Ruby on Rails