Quality Engineer III at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Chewy is growing and we are looking to expand our autoship systems and services team with talented software engineers in multiple locations. If you are a Quality Engineer and interested in building test automation to solve real world operational problems that will be highly impactful and visible to leadership at Chewy, please apply! In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, and make contributions to the growth and development of one of Chewy’s fastest growing revenue streams.
About this Team:
Autoship is a service that Chewy offers to customers so that they can receive items that they purchase often, on an automatic shipment schedule. Our team’s mission is to make Autoship the most loved pet care subscription program. As the most convenient and simple-to-use subscription offering, Autoship helps pet parents easily address their pets’ needs so they can spend more time enjoying their relationships with their pets. Furthermore, Autoship customers are Chewy’s most developed and loyal customers, and the trust they place in Autoship to meet their needs drives long-term customer engagement with Chewy.
What You'll Do:
- Orchestrate and manage release activities to ensure a clean deployment with data quality of each element
- Track, monitor and document test plans and testing results
- While working within an Agile environment, you will work with Developers, Product Managers and Designers to identify proper and effective testing strategies, beginning in the planning phases of a feature
- Analyze technical and business requirements to develop high quality test cases with a focus on requirements coverage across all platforms
- Identify and develop automation opportunities in the release and validation process
- Take ownership of end-to-end data quality and rules implementation
- Create test tools and frameworks for automated and reusable testing
- Conduct detailed source-to-destination data testing; identifying issues with data integrity, data accuracy and transformation logic
- Analyze test results and understand the root cause of defects
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience as Quality Engineer.
- 10+ years of experience building modern automation testing libraries (Selenium, Springboot Test, Cypress, Mabl, JMeter, Postman)
- Minimum 5+ years of automation test development with scalable distributed microservice application.
- Be a hands-on quality engineer spending significant percentage of their time writing code or debugging tricky issues
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and automation testing.
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience with TestRail
- Experience with SQL and database a plus.
- Familiarity with AWS
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.