Quality Engineer, Enterprise Platform at DataRobot
At DataRobot we’ve developed a powerful machine learning application, underpinned by a flexible platform that runs in many environments, from customer hardware to the cloud. We are seeking talented engineers with a strong background in Linux, programming, and distributed computing to build core services and components that make up the DataRobot stack and deliver them to the most challenging customer environments.
A huge part of delivering high quality releases on schedule to clients around the world is testing - how do we test a complex distributed system across a matrix of supported platforms, configurations, and integrations? The answer is automation - Platform has built sophisticated automated tooling for simulating a wide variety of customer environments in the cloud. Our tooling is powerful and flexible enough to drive everything from simple 1-3 node installations to massively parallel tests of our modeling capabilities, or highly secure and locked-down environments, and has been used to build our SaaS environments across multiple AWS regions.
DataRobot is looking to expand the testing we do to better replicate installations on real customer environments, simulate adversarial scenarios, and automate processes performed by real customers, enabling our company to scale our best-in-class Enterprise Automated Machine Learning platform.
In particular you will:
- Perform manual and automated testing of various aspects of our product.
- Create and improve automation tools for new test scenarios.
- Help improve and maintain existing tests and prevent regressions.
- Work between Platform, Customer Success, and other engineering product teams to develop test plans for new features.
- Get your hands dirty with the product and find quality issues before they reach the Customer Success team.
- Help grow a QA competency within the Platform domain
We’re a fast-paced team with a commitment to quality software. You need to be willing to learn whatever it takes to get the job done, from diving into Linux internals, to programming your own services and libraries in Python, to orchestrating Hadoop environments in the cloud with tools like Terraform and Ansible.Requirements:
- QA and test automation skills
- Experienced with multiple facets of Quality Assurance including
- Automated end-to-end product testing
- Test planning
- Coverage measurement and reporting
- Working with engineers to build code that is easier to test and use.
- Ability to write high quality scripts and tests that are efficient, reliable, and extensible.
- CI/CD systems
- Experience using CI/CD systems to test, deploy, and ship products.
- Linux skills: qualified candidates will have
- Comfort with the Bash CLI and scripting.
- Familiarity with multiple Linux distributions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills: finding and parsing logs, inspecting system status, and working in distributed systems.
- Operational skills: excellent candidates will have
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers (AWS strongly preferred).
- Experience building and maintaining production environments and services.
- Experience with the full lifecycle of software development, from development to productionisation.
- Soft skills: candidates will be evaluated on
- English language written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work within teams.
- Ability to drive a project from ideation to completion.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery - developing automation for build, test, deployment, and release processes
- Experience administering or using Hadoop.
- Experience delivering software to on-premise environments
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.