Quality Development - Security at InterSystems
As a Quality Development Engineer, you will contribute to developing high quality, robust data platform InterSystems IRIS by working hard to uncover weaknesses and areas for improvement. If you are passionate about breaking things and growing cloud technology, you will excel in this role by purposefully building tools that will be destructive to our products. Then, you will provide analysis to figure out the error and the best method to rectify and improve, while working closely with our Development teams. Successfully, we will use your strong technical capabilities, curiosity to learn new things, creativity, and resourcefulness as an essential part of InterSystems’ innovation process.
- Develop functional, load and stress tests for InterSystems IRIS Data Platform
- Develop test scenarios, author and execute test plans. Specialize in high availability and performance
- Review product source code to inform test design for edge and stress test case development for key areas of the product such as failover and recovery
- Write software to test product functionality in a heterogeneous multi-platform environment with a focus on destructive testing
- Collaborate with interdepartmental teams to provide early feedback on new features.
- Promote product quality by advocating for the customer's point of view
- Communicate about defects for assignments that range from verification of targeted changes to optimizations for new hardware, and where specifications range from informal concepts to detailed descriptions
- Ability to find weak spots while critically reading code
- Enthusiasm for debugging and learning new skills
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- Familiarity with application development, relational databases and object-oriented development, cloud technology
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Curiosity and aptitude for acquiring new technical skills and knowledge in a dynamic and highly technical environment
- Versatility and flexibility
- Familiarity with software test tools and automation methodologies (Spark testing)
- Experience with cloud, container and Docker technology
- Experience with one or more of the following scripting languages: Perl, Python
- Object-Oriented programming (Java, DotNet, C#, C/C++)
- Experience with Windows batch and PowerShell scripts, UNIX sh and bash scripts
- Experience with coding for or testing low-level multi-threaded applications
- Technical knowledge of operating systems
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, finance, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.