As a Quality Development Engineer, you will contribute to developing high quality, robust InterSystems HealthShare® software by working hard to uncover weaknesses and areas for improvement. If you are passionate about software you will excel in this role by building tools and automation that verify new technologies and new healthcare-related protocols. Successfully, we will use your strong technical capabilities, curiosity to learn new things, creativity, and resourcefulness as an essential part of InterSystems’ innovation process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop automated functional, load and stress tests for InterSystems HealthShare®
- Develop test scenarios, author and execute test plans. Specialize in high availability and
- Review product source code to inform test design for edge and stress test case development for key areas of the product such as failover and recovery
- Write software to test product functionality in a heterogeneous multi-platform environment with a focus on destructive testing
- Collaborate with interdepartmental teams to provide early feedback on new features
- Promote product quality by advocating for the customer's point of view
- Communicate about defects for assignments that range from verification of targeted changes to optimizations for new hardware, and where specifications range from informal concepts to detailed descriptions
- As the customer’s representative, verify that the product meets the customer’s needs
- Review the documentation and verify that it is clear and concise. Ensure that the documented procedures are clear and easy to follow.
- Ability to read code critically; finding bugs, weak spots and performance bottlenecks
- Enthusiasm for debugging and learning new skills
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- Familiarity with application development, relational databases and object-oriented development, cloud technology
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Curiosity and aptitude for acquiring new technical skills and knowledge in a dynamic and highly technical environment
- Versatility and flexibility
- Familiarity with software test tools and automation methodologies
- Experience with cloud, container and provisioning technology
- Experience with one or more of the following scripting languages: Perl, Python
- Object-Oriented programming (Java, DotNet, C#, C/C++, Python)
- Experience with Windows batch and PowerShell scripts, UNIX sh and bash scripts
- Experience with coding for or testing low-level multi-threaded applications
- Experience with distributed systems and networking
- Technical knowledge of operating systems
- Familiarity with UI (Angular, Typescript, JS) and UI test automation (Selenium)
- Familiarity with accessibility tools (SortSite, Deque)
Education and Training:
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.About InterSystems
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.