Quality Assurance Specialist at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The main function of the Quality Assurance Department is to carry out benchmarking and audit activities for the DAX business. Quality Document Specialists create structured charts based on the information gleaned from the conversation between a patient and provider. These charts are then delivered to the provider for signature in the EHR. Once the charts are delivered, the Quality Assurance Department audits a predetermined percentage of charts for each client to grade errors when found and arrive at a accuracy percentage as a quality metric for that client. This is then published with the intention of understanding the current delivered quality as well as to educate the document specialists and drive improvement in quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit and assess post-delivery charts of Quality Documentation Specialists to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Ensuring integrity of the audits by adhering to the established standards.
- Coordinates internally on error grading standards and directives to ensure assessments are completed to the highest quality standards.
- Review providers specifications and highlight inconsistencies or lack of information.
- Provide advisory on alarming trends noted in category of errors and/or quality issues specific to client or quality documentation specialists.
- Participate and Contribute during biweekly calibration on error grading standards to help build a robust Quality Program.
- Provides advisory and education to the Quality Documentation Specialists through comments and feedback program in the Audit tool as part of improvement strategy.
- Performs duties as required or per directive from the Quality Operations Manager to help run and support the Quality Assurance Program.
- Ensure the audit tracker is updated and the data provided is accurate.
- Bachelor’s preferred; Associate’s or relevant certification with equivalent experience required.
- Minimum experience of 2 years as Quality Controller or Quality Auditor in healthcare documentation industry.
- Knowledge of error grading per AHDI, quality principles and its applications.
- Demonstrated excellence in quality delivery with attention to detail.
- Excellent English professional writing skills including advanced proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to understand diverse accents and dialects with proficiency in medical terminology.
- For home-based employees, ability to work in a secure and private location on a personal computer with a reliable high-speed internet connection and one that can run security software to ensure safe handling of health information.
- Ability to work during regular business hours and outside of regular business hours as needed to meet customer deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and limit distractions to consistently meet deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team and adapt to change.
- Should be credible, self-driven, result-oriented with positive outlook, team player and empathic communicator.
- Experience with Office 365 and cloud-based productivity tools.
- Proficiency in AHDI Book of Style standards and other documentation standards as applicable in healthcare industry.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records and ability to navigate through some of the most common EHRs like Epic, Allscripts etc.
- Familiarity with coding and billing aspects of medical document.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.