Quality Assurance Engineer at Examity
Quality Assurance Engineer (Newton, MA)
Examity, the world leader in online test integrity and the fastest-growing Edtech company in the United States, is looking for a dedicated Quality Assurance Engineer to join the growing team in our Newton, MA location.
Reporting to the QA lead, the Quality Assurance Engineer will support both automated and manual testing, developing plans and executing testing. This position will help ensure Examity’s leading learning validation solutions meet market demands and deliver high customer satisfaction.
- Identify effective test scenarios.
- Coordinate with team mates in order to successfully prepare for tests.
- Estimate and plan testing activities.
- Execute the test scenarios manually.
- Report and track defects and bugs.
- Identify software enhancement opportunities.
- Provide status on activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or college diploma with equivalent experience.
- Understanding of concepts and principles associated with quality assurance and the ability to apply quality assurance and testing techniques.
- Basic understanding of Software Development Cycle.
- Basic understanding of Web Services/APIs.
- 2+ years of test experience in a QA Analyst role.
- Ability to deliver quality results under pressure and at a high rate.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Desire to be a productive member of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Experience with automation tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java or any other programming languages is a plus.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
Examity offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and 401k. As one of the fastest-growing Massachusetts companies, you will be challenged to build your skills and take on increasing responsibility. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast-paced and high energy. Examity’s urban office location in Newton, MA provides access to local shopping and restaurants. Employees enjoy Examity’s free snacks and drinks, one “work from home” day per week, and frequent group outings to skyboxes for Celtics, Red Sox and summer concerts.
Examity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.