At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with nearly 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
This is where you come in…
We are looking for a QA Manager to join our Engineering team. In this role, you ensure that quality is built in from the start, through the application of testing standards, the implementation of testing automation, and advocacy for a delightful user experience. You bring your leadership expertise to coach and support "A" players. You serve as a key liaison to internal customers by combining domain knowledge with your understanding of workflows and processes.
We invest heavily in continuous improvement -- no process is 100% perfect, from the way we make the coffee to how we create software. We need you to apply your pattern recognition, instincts, and data insights to help us deliver value faster and with higher confidence. Are you interested in joining an organization committed to doing social good and serving educators? Are you eager to take on unique challenges of software scale in a rapid-growth environment?
- You will define testing and test automation coding norms, including technology/tool selection, oversight of their implementation, and promoting continuous improvement through regular reviews.
- You will recruit, hire, and lead an extraordinary team of QA Engineers and Software Test Engineers, with 4-6 direct reports.
- You will provide thought leadership for Engineering and Product in all areas of software quality, including the deployment process. You will identify meaningful trends and practices so we can release quickly and with high confidence.
- You will be responsible for scaling our automated testing in a continuous integration environment, defining and evolving our testing strategy in service of team and company objectives.
- You will spend 50% of your time leading through coding via developing PoC’s and prototypes, pair programming, and implementing new tools and technologies.
- You have command of manual/exploratory testing practices and significant leadership in testing automation development and architecture. You have previous experience, or strong aspirations for, growing and leading a team. Ideally, you are someone who has "done this before," scaling a software quality team from 2+ to 10 at a SaaS high-growth company.
- You are hungry to “roll up your sleeves” as a player-coach. You are excited at the prospects of seeing the individuals on your team grow and succeed.
- You are an excellent multi-tasker with the strong ability to effect change, influence, and collaborate within a technical team and also with company leadership.
- Coding experience with Selenium WebDriver and Robot Framework
- Experience querying relational databases (such as SQL Server)
- Experience delivering software in an agile, CI-based environment
- Command of OO principles and software design patterns and practices
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here’s some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts with corkboards behind them to support all levels of athleticism
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment