QA Engineer at Grubhub
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
The LevelUp/Grubhub team is looking for an experienced QA Engineer to work alongside our developers, technical brand managers and designers to test and launch successful mobile and web apps. As a QA Engineer for the Agency team, your primary focus will be testing our mobile and web apps and SDKs, ensuring that the apps we launch are of the highest quality.
In many cases, you’ll be working collaboratively with our program and product managers, designers, technical brand managers and developers to understand new functional requirements for our restaurant merchant apps, as well as coordinate bug triage meetings for the apps you test.
In addition to testing, you will have the exciting opportunity to drive efficiencies and improvements to our QA process.
This is a manual testing opportunity, but if you are interested in automation and don’t yet have automation “chops”, this could be the role for you as we are expanding our automation effort and will likely have more automation needs in the future.
What You Bring to the Table
You Should Have:
- You have at least 3-5 years of relevant QA experience testing native mobile apps and web apps.
- You are comfortable working with bug reporting tools, like Jira, and are able to write clear and thorough bug reports that our product managers, technical brand managers and developers can easily understand and reproduce. You are comfortable using test case management tools to write test cases.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.