QA Engineer at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Toast needs impact-driven, quality-focused engineers to join the marketing development team. We are looking for this role to develop software test automation to support regression testing, continuous integration, and smoke test environments. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, automation and promoting practices that lead to improved site and user performance. Your contributions will increase customer satisfaction and drive profitability by ensuring users are able to connect with the Toast Sales team of purchase through our eCommerce experience.
What you will do:
- Become the domain expert in automated testing framework to support automated regression tests using industry best practices.
- Take ownership of feature testing by devising innovative test strategies, authoring robust tools and writing automated test suites
- Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality code that is correct, efficient, and easy to maintain and extend
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Participate in, and contribute to, design reviews, code reviews, and project planning
- Gather and analyze requirements from stakeholders to determine QA needs.
- Drive further adoption of unit/integration/system testing, metrics to monitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
- Work with the QA team on release regression test cycles
- Proactively bring issues to the attention of the team, and propose and implement solutions to solve them.
- Partner closely with the development teams to replicate and resolve issues.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Relevant experience in testing web apps and building automated test suites
- Solid programming experience with testing frameworks such as Selenium
- Strong coding skills in at least one object-oriented language, such as Java or PHP
- Solid understanding how to work within a continuous delivery and cloud deployment (AWS) model
- Knowledge of data and analytics transfer and integration.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Highly energetic, responsible, organized, self-disciplined, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience with JMeter
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems like Craft
- Familiarity with Magento and Salesforce
- Familiarity with data warehouses like Snowflake
- Familiarity working cross departmentally, understanding priorities, relaying stakeholder concerns, and identifying the optimal path forward
*Bread puns encouraged but not required