About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process.
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. DO you want to be part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The LevelUp/Grubhub team is looking for an experienced QA Engineer to work alongside our developers, technical brand managers and designers to test and launch successful mobile and web apps. As a QA Engineer for the Agency team, your primary focus will be testing our mobile and web apps and SDKs, ensuring that the apps we launch are of the highest quality.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
In many cases, you’ll be working collaboratively with our program and product managers, designers, technical brand managers and developers to understand new functional requirements for our restaurant merchant apps, as well as coordinate bug triage meetings for the apps you test.
In addition to testing, you will have the exciting opportunity to drive efficiencies and improvements to our QA process.
This is a manual testing opportunity, but if you are interested in automation and don’t yet have automation “chops”, this could be the role for you as we are expanding our automation effort and will likely have more automation needs in the future.
You Should Have
- You have 2-5 years of relevant QA experience testing native mobile apps and web apps.
- You are comfortable working with bug reporting tools, like Jira, and are able to write clear and thorough bug reports that our product managers, technical brand managers and developers can easily understand and reproduce. You are comfortable using test case management tools to write test cases.
- You have excellent communication skills. You’ll need to work collaboratively with many teams at LevelUp/Grubhub, from technical brand management to product management to engineering. You will leverage your communication skills to write and maintain detailed test cases for our app-based features and functionality. These test cases will be shared with the rest of the QA team and sometimes even our clients. You will positively represent QA and actively engage with other teams in bug triage meetings and functional requirements and design review meetings.
- You love testing and appreciate releasing great software products. Your strong eye for detail complements your obsession for making sure our apps function as expected, look great and meet the needs of the end user and our merchants. You understand the concepts of different types of testing (functional, regression, etc.) and when to apply these methods to your test approach.
- You possess great attention to detail and are able to quickly identify functional and cosmetic bugs in our apps when testing against designs and functional requirements.
- You’re comfortable when things get technical. You don’t need a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field but if you do, it will help! If you have equivalent experience testing apps, then this is all you need to apply! You’ll be asked to use Postman to test API calls and emulators to test our mobile apps. You will be installing iOS and Android builds directly to mobile devices and for use in emulators. You will configure content and settings using an administration tool to test different functionality within the apps. Although this is a manual testing role, you won’t shy away from learning automation in the future.
- You learn quickly. The LevelUp/Grubhub apps have a lot of great functionality, and you’ll need to pick up all the ins and outs of the products in your first few months on the job, and retain all of that knowledge to help you test future projects.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment. Although we have a planning process in place, sometimes urgent needs arise and you’ll be willing to adjust your testing priorities to meet the needs of our clients.
- You are a creative thinker and continuous improver. You will identify lapses in our process and help us improve by suggesting and driving improvements to our QA process. You will help us become more effective and efficient as a QA organization.
- You have a get-it-done attitude. You recognize no bounds to the scope of your role and will do anything you can do to help get a product tested and shipped.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.