QA Engineer at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles-
As a QA (Web) Engineer you will focus on your detailed technical eye ensuring that our customer facing systems work properly and efficiently so our business thrives.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- QA Engineer on the Web Development team testing and validating product enhancements and new product launches for consumer web and mobile applications.
- Member on an agile (Scrum) development team working closely with developers, designers and other analysts to deliver product functionality in an iterative process.
- Collaborate with team members to create test cases to cover all the use cases identified in the sprint stories.
- Identify, collect and/or create validation test data sets.
- Provide estimation of effort to complete testing tasks related to sprint stories.
- Plan, create and execute detailed manual test scripts.
- Thoroughly document the results of test cases and any defects encountered so they are easily understood. Provide complete information to replicate the issue.
- Perform functional and regression testing.
- Keep manager updated with status of tasks and make team aware of any issues or risks that may impact the delivery of a story or product release.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 3-5 years quality assurance experience
- Working knowledge of testing multi-tier web applications on multiple OS and browsers
- Ability to reason through complex requirements to create applicable test scenarios
- Working knowledge of browser plug-ins/developer tools to assist in web app testing (view HTML, Javscript, CSS)
- Write SQL to create test data and verify test results
- Work in a fast-paced environment with short sprint cycles
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Detail-oriented, organized and resourceful
- Working knowledge of defect tracking systems (JIRA preferred)
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.