To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
With shipping the Form 2 all around the world, ensuring customer problems are solved is imperative. This responsibility currently rests on our collective engineering team. We’re looking for a problem solving engineer to decrease the time to resolve software issues found by customers. From finding bugs in their infancy, to triple checking release builds, to interfacing with our Customer Support team - we’re looking for someone with a passion for making exceptional machines robust.
If you’re a meticulous and creative problem solver who thrives in interdisciplinary environments, join the Form Team as our QA Engineer.
- Assist Customer Support in investigating and debugging customer software issues.
- Interact closely with Software team to understand the nature of the problem and come up with workarounds.
- Use the first-hand knowledge you will gain helping customers to help implement better logging, fix bugs, and make other improvements and features in the code base to fix customer issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Test software releases and help design & build our test suite and QA/test procedures, to ensure a high level of quality is maintained.
- Be the “glue” between Software, QA, and Customer Support. Engineers in this role may prefer to transfer full-time to one of these teams after 6-18 months in this role.
- Produce and maintain documentation of work, and contribute regularly to the general Engineering body of knowledge.
- Have an engineering degree, CS is preferred
- Have programming experience
- A driven problem-solver, who is able to deeply investigate issues and find solutions
- Passionate about helping customers get up and running, and get the most value out of their Formlabs products
- A clear and patient communicator who can spend time on email, screen-shares, and phone with both Formlabs Customer Support and customers themselves to dig into software issues
- Ready to dive in and learn whatever code / software infrastructure you don’t already know (application logging, Windows drivers, test suites, etc.)
- Ready to work on self-directed projects with a high-caliber team
- Experience in CAD software and 3D printing
- Experience in either Customer Support
- Experience in QA/Testing
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Fully stocked kitchens and catered lunches three days a week
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.