QA Engineer II at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will work on products to improve the lives of restaurant employees, as well as the tools and processes restaurants use to hire, retain, and lead their teams. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of products. You will have the opportunity to make an impact immediately. This growing team will need to solve a wide spectrum of engineering problems: reliability, availability, scale, new features, and new products.
Our tech stack:
Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using GraphQL, Kotlin, and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. Our front ends are written using React and follow a SPA architecture.
About this roll*:
- Create and implement comprehensive test plans for new features
- Test new features and log defects as needed
- Collaborate with project team to triage defects, verify fixes
- Actively contribute to product design and roadmap discussions
- Lead as well as participate in test case reviews
- Keep current with tools such as Jira, Confluence, TestRail
- Work with QA engineers and developers on strategy for test case automation
- Assist with triage of customer issues
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Proven QA experience working on agile teams
- Ability to put together test plans and initiative to own the quality of multiple products
- Commitment to quality, user experience, and using your “get unblocked” attitude for continuous learning and problem solving
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Interest in automated testing for web & mobile applications
*Bread puns encouraged, not required