QA Engineer I at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Every restaurant is unique, and a restaurant’s menu expresses its individual brand and product offerings. Inside a Toast restaurant, the definition of the menu becomes the common language between guests, servers, and the kitchen. In our digital ordering products, a great menu serves as both a billboard and a roadmap to an excellent dining experience. A menu is always evolving: kitchens create new dishes, managers experiment with pricing and presentation, and staff optimize the menu for restaurant operations.
We strive to create products that will satisfy the vast breadth of our restaurants while making each restaurant feel like we built Toast just for them. We offer an extremely powerful and configurable platform, but we want to make sure that restaurants can figure out how to set up their first Toast menu with no questions asked. Come join our Menus team to help us deliver a great experience to our customers!
About this roll*:
- Create and implement comprehensive test plans for new features and regression test plans for existing functionality
- Test new features and log defects as needed
- Collaborate with project and development team to triage defects found in testing, verify fixes
- Actively contribute to product roadmap discussions
- Keep current with tools such as Jira, Confluence, TestRail
- Work with QA engineers and developers on strategy for test case automation
- Assist with triage and reproduction of customer issues
- Advocate for Quality practices
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Ability to put together test plans and initiatives to own the quality of multiple products
- Commitment to quality, user experience, and using your “get unblocked” attitude for continuous learning and problem solving
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Familiar with agile practices
- Interest in automated testing for web and mobile applications
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt)*:
- Experience with manual testing of web apps, mobile apps, and databases
- Experience with manual testing of APIs via tools such as Postman
*Bread puns encouraged, not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.