QA Engineer I - Payments
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We are looking for a QA engineer to join our Payments team; someone with the ability and drive to make an impact. You will be responsible for making sure that we have a product that “just works” across our native Android application, web front end, and supporting back end services.
If you want to help create something tangible that is used every day, help small businesses achieve their vision, and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product from millions of users to hundreds of millions of users, Toast is the place for you.
As a QA engineer, some of the activities you’ll engage in include:
- Managing the testing process in an agile workflow
- Creating and executing comprehensive test plans for new features
- Participating with the QA team in regularly scheduled release testing cycles
- Using Jira to log and update defects that are identified during testing
- Working collaboratively with team members to triage and prioritize defects
- Participating in test design reviews to ensure technical implementations are properly tested
- Working closely with product managers to understand customer requirements
- Staying current with latest QA tools, trends and practices
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Experience writing and executing test plans
- Well-versed in tiered web application architecture and databases
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Android knowledge a plus!
- Agile experience a plus!
- Restaurant experience a plus!
Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The front-end is built primarily using Angular and ES6, with newer components using React. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. For data between tablets and our cloud platform we operate RabbitMQ clusters as well as direct tablet communication to the back end.