QA Engineer (Boston or Wakefield)
Vestmark is looking for a QA Engineer to join our agile organization that is dedicated to delivering a high quality Vestmark product suite, ensuring that it meets and exceeds client expectations. This is an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark in a fast-paced and growing software engineering organization.
The QA Engineer will review functional requirements and user stories from internal stakeholders; design test plans, write test cases, oversee test strategies and perform testing for assigned applications. You will be the champion of quality on your scrum team, working to help elevate the work of those around you to exceed the quality standards our clients expect. Our ideal candidate would have a combination of business acumen and technical expertise to allow them to grow into an SME on a complex full-stack application, and contribute to automation, performance and/or integration testing. We are looking for someone with varied testing experience to help us evolve our quality processes. New ideas are always welcomed and encouraged!
- Apply expertise in specific product areas to ensure that VestmarkONE services meet documented acceptance criteria and client quality expectations
- Contribute to the expansion of our automated testing capabilities and coverage
- Instill QA best practices on your scrum team by leading manual test case development, execution and tracking
- QA mentorship for non-qa staff on your scrum team so that they can understand how to better test functionality as it is being implemented to ensure high quality releases.
- Ability to write tests from abstract requirements.
- Provide feedback on product performance and user experience.
- Participate in all aspects of the Agile SDLC; providing constructive feedback during grooming, retrospectives and planning sessions; periodically demonstrating new functionality to internal stakeholders, as well as members of other scrum teams; become SME for output of your team to assist Vestmark Implementations team roll-out new functionality.
- Contribute to the review of product documentation/release notes.
Skills & Requirements:
- 3-7 years of Software Quality Assurance experience, ideally with a focus in Financial Technology or related domain
- Experience working in a successful Agile environment using Agile SDLC tools such as Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Foundational understanding of git or other content version control system
- Coded UI Automation, experience with Selenium WebDriver preferred
- Working knowledge of a scripting language, python a plus
- Experience with web service and API testing
- Performance testing experience, JMeter a plus
- Microsoft SQL Server experience, you should be able to retrieve and manipulate data
- Demonstrated ability to operate on a small team in a fast-paced environment with the ability to change directions as priorities shift
- Positive attitude with a strong desire to learn, grow professionally and have a positive impact on the company, its culture and its products
- Understand the deployment and maintenance of an N-Tier application in either manual or automated fashion
- Experience testing with soapUI and Postman
- Familiarity with testing in Spring frameworks
- Unit testing experience using JUnit or NUnit frameworks a plus
- Integration testing; inbound file processing, outbound file creation, API testing, configuration testing
- Experience with Financial technologies such as BETA, APL, FIX, IDC, Reuters, Morningstar or Bloomberg
- Experience with log collection and analysis, APM and DB monitoring tools
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve and explain system level issues affecting application
- Work across teams and disciplines in order to find an equitable solution to problems that arise
- BS degree in Finance, Computer Science or equivalent work experience. MSCS is a plus