Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Business Systems QA Engineer II designs, engineers, and maintains a full suite of testing solutions, manual and automated, supporting Toast’s Business Systems and Enterprise initiatives. This role acts as a subject matter expert for system health and QA best practices, contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Implement, improve, and maintain existing manual and automated test suites for the supported applications
- Automate application via unit, integration, or end-to-end tests to ensure data consistency and stability during continuous integration
- Gather and analyze requirements from business teams and stakeholders to determine testing needs for all application change requests
- Proactively bring issues (such as bugs or gaps in requirements, process) to the attention of the team
- Partner closely with the development teams to replicate and resolve issues
- Lead periodic release regression test cycles and UAT events
- Create and monitor performance tests (currently using JMeter)
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience creating comprehensive automated test suites, using APIs or scripting languages
- Prior experience building and executing test plans on a complex software product within an Agile environment
- Proven experience identifying, replicating, and communicating bugs to appropriate team, and collaborating on a resolution plan
- Skilled at working with product owners and other internal teams to refine requirements as needed
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience with Workato or similar iPaaS
- Familiar working in a test driven development environment
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications (Salesforce, Docusign, Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow)
- Experience with JMeter or similar performance testing tools
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.