We are looking for a Print Technician to join our team and support fast paced development of the world’s most advanced 3D printers. In this role you will work closely with our engineering team to print parts that validate the strength, quality and dimensional accuracy capabilities of our printers. You’ll maintain a fleet of printers and provide valuable insights into their performance, while becoming one of the world’s foremost experts on the latest in 3D printing technology.What will you own?
- Be an expert in operating and maintaining Markforged 3D Printers and support equipment.
- Set up, run and deliver printed parts to support engineering development of machines, software, materials and continuous quality improvement.
- Measure, inspect and create reports regarding printed parts. Determine root cause of print defects and propose solutions.
- Monitor print status, printer utilization and ensure efficient turnaround time for all print requests.
- Maintain printers and support equipment.
- Maintain stock of materials, supplies and consumables for internal printing equipment.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve print quality and processes.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- BA or BS in Design, Engineering, Manufacturing or similar technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Familiarity with measuring equipment such as calipers, profilometers.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Takes ownership of tasks and has strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask.
- Experience with automated measuring equipment such as CMM or optical measuring systems is a plus.
- Experience with Jira or similar issue tracking tool is a plus.
- Previous experience using 3D printers is a plus.