Prinicpal Software Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As a Principal Linux Driver and Application Software Engineer, you have the opportunity to join an expert team of hardware and software developers and technology generalists pushing the envelope of Nuance’s technologies.
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- You will use your experience with operating system internals and real-time software to bridge the gap between prototype hardware and applications utilizing Nuance’s industry-leading speech and AI technology.
- Being an experienced software application developer, you will manage or contribute to sizable application software projects for proving out our technology.
- All of your development work will contribute directly to commercialized solutions that will help drive Nuance’s most visionary programs forward.
- Additionally, you will perform tasks related to securing and maintaining the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for.
Knowledge, SKills, Qualification:
- Education: B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or relevant work experience
- Number of Years of Work Experience: 10+
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on complex problems
- Understanding of real-time software principles such as parallel and asynchronous execution, synchronization, and memory management
- Experience customizing, building and integrating Linux based operating systems
- Understanding of Linux kernel internals
- Experience debugging and fixing complex driver issues
- Can manage board bring up, BSP integration and Linux build system
- Embraces software development processes and software design principles
- Ability to structure and organize medium-size software application projects
- Inclination toward automation
- Expertise in C and Python
- Experience with the Rust programming language
- Good understanding of the Linux community and kernel development process
- Proven track record of upstream contributions to open source projects
- Familiarity with operating system hardening technologies and SELinux
Linux container technology (e.g. Docker, runC)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.