Principal/Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are seeking a Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer with experience in the design of complex mechanical assemblies and proven expertise in moving product from concept to volume production at overseas facilities. We are looking for an exceptional individual contributor who understands a diverse range of engineering disciplines and can guide the technical development of robust, reliable and cost-effective products.
IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD HANDS-ON TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE PAST TWO YEARS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
What you'll do:
- Develop complex mechanical systems from concept to full-scale manufacturing.
- Lead DFM tasks and facilitate transition toward high volume production.
- Perform advanced structural design, analysis, and optimization using FEA.
- Evaluate and select various materials and processes for optimal performance and manufacturability.
- Determine the appropriate methods of test for both prototype and production level hardware.
- Engage in cross-company collaboration between electrical, firmware, design, and other teams.
- Contribute and defend informed decisions from technical, business and user experience perspectives.
- Work with worldwide supply chain to develop components, sub-assemblies products that are cost-effective, reliable and timely
What we're looking for:
- History of innovative, creative solution to difficult design challenges
- Thorough knowledge with high-reliability cost conscious transportation and mobility systems
- Extensive experience in designing reliable, highly integrated electro-mechanical assemblies
- 12+ years of experience
- MS/BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in CAD modeling, preferably Solidworks
- Ability to mentor and develop junior mechanical engineers
- Experience working through DFM with suppliers to reduce part cost and improve quality
- A rigorous understanding of design for volume production standards and practices
- Demonstrated experience bringing a product from initial concept to volume manufacturing
- Excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills
- Experience with design for reliability and reliability testing is a plus
- Experience with electric propulsion systems in outdoor environments is a plus