As a Principal Software Quality Engineer you will ensure our users’ delight in using the Markforged platform, as their journey begins with cloud software and results in their printer producing a beautiful part. You will ensure correctness and performance quality in a SaaS platform while coordinating with hardware where necessary. You will grow a team that leads by example, pushing every team to test by the overall standards and processes you establish.What will you own?
- Own and grow a unified test philosophy across software and its interaction with hardware
- Be responsible for overall quality strategy, while enabling individual teams to own the execution
- Push new ideas with a team that is hands-on, leading by example
- Optimize the certification process to enable a rapid release cycle that is of high quality
- Ensure end-to-end quality for Markforged customers in regulated market segments
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years experience building & running Quality team efforts (QA, SDIT, etc)
- Proficiency creating comprehensive test execution plans, including manual and automated testing
- Proficiency with software automation technologies (Selenium, Cucumber, Robot Framework, etc)
- Solid understanding of SaaS and web-based technologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate and promote new ideas across several projects