Principal Software Engineer at Nuance
We are seeking for Principal Software engineer in our Diagnostics engineering team who is independent and self-motivated learners who possess strong problem-solving skills. The team primary focuses on produce and implement functional software for diagnostic solution. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Work closely with a variety of different stakeholder groups, including management, business analysts, marketing, and development to understand business initiatives and formulate a technical road map for execution
- Clearly communicate complex technical designs and principles to both non-technical and technical stakeholders
- Interact with peer architects in the company to share and promote reuse, and best practices
- Serve as advisor and subject matter expert on project teams
- Focus on high/mid-level designs of complex business entities, business logic, and data access, and presentation layers
- Translate business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical models; this will include ongoing evolution of the product in response to changes in the business.
- Have command of a breadth of technology skills ranging from Object Oriented Design/Development, Database Design/Development, to SOA Patterns, as well as Windows and Web Application Architectures
- Provide technical leadership by providing technical guidance and expertise, mentoring junior team members, conducting design and code reviews
- Aide in the design, development, testing, and support of both Windows and Web based applications built using the .NET Framework (C#/ASP.NET MVC) and deployed on Window
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software development, developing both Windows and Web based enterprise class applications.
- Ability to recognize the benefits and costs, as well as building out proof of concepts, to demonstrate the value of a potential new technology.
- Thorough understanding of multi-tiered software architectures.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns (and how and when they should be applied).
- Strong understanding of service oriented architecture design patterns (and how and when they should be applied).
- Excellent C# programming skills.
- Strong experience with ASP.NET MVC stack
- Proven experience developing high-performance, multi-threaded, enterprise grade applications.
- Strong written and oral communications skills as well as excellent listening skills.
- Understanding of Agile and Lean Software Development methodology
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Experience developing data-driven applications with SQL Server, and knowledge of NoSQL data stores (ex. Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge of UML and the ability to author a detailed design specification.
- Experience with Web GUI development, Single Page Application development a plus.
- Experience working with off shore development teams
- Experience with healthcare data and systems
- Experience in working in cloud based solutions into public cloud like Azure is a plus
- Experience with IHE and HL7 FHIR standards a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science is required.
We expect all applicants to be independent and self-motivated learners who possess strong problem-solving skills.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.