Principal Software Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance Dragon Medical Advisor (DMA), an industry‑leading Computer‑Assisted Physician Documentation (CAPD) solution, engages physicians across inpatient, outpatient, and specialty care with evidence‑based advice that fits naturally into existing physician workflowse, allowing them more time to focus on what matters most—taking care of patients.
Work with a team of developers, QA, and other stakeholders in the design and development of new features for the DMA/CAPD solutions. The candidate will be self-motivated and work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules in an agile software development process.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, code, test, develop and document application programs for complex computer systems running in the Cloud
- Document technical designs and program logic
- Write complete and detailed unit and integration tests
- Participate in functional and technical reviews
- Troubleshoot and resolve application defects
- Handle multiple responsibilities with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Work effectively with a distributed team in multiple geographic locations and time zones
- Mentor junior team members and provide technical guidance and expertise
Education and work experience requirements
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or a related field
Minimum years of work experience: 8+
- 6+ years of strong experience working in Java development
- Restful API Development Experience. Spring is a plus.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Understanding of modern scalable microservices and event-driven software architectures
- Strong SQL, Java, Spring, Spring Security, Hibernate and Database Management skills
- Excellent test-driven-developer: Junit, Spock Framework, Functional Testing
- Solid object-oriented design skills
- Multithreaded application development and debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience and knowledge of the C# language and Microsoft .NET Framework / .NET Core
- Expertise in Microsoft Development tools (Visual Studio, .NET Framework)
- Experience with React and other UI Framworks (JQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems
- Experience with Azure, AWS, GCP or other cloud frameworks
- Container technology such as Kubernetes and Docker nice to have
- Strong Linux skills (any distro)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.