Principal Software Engineer at Vistaprint
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, entrepreneurial culture. With founder Robert Keane’s return as CEO, we’ve renewed our focus on empowering and helping small businesses. To do this, we create customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We thrive on providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation and growth – for both our customers and our team.
Cimpress Technology develops cutting-edge, best-in-world software that our mass customization businesses use to create personalized products for over 17 million global customers. Our Mass Customization Platform is comprised of modular, multi-tenant services. Our businesses can choose the solutions that work for them, or assemble any custom combination they need. This makes it easier and faster to do things like introduce new products, reach customers and track orders. And this kind of innovation keeps customers coming back. Just last year, Cimpress generated $2.88B in revenue through customized print products, signage, apparel, packaging and more.
We encourage our engineers to think like an owner – to continue to act small as we grow. Every team defines their own roadmaps, and uses the programming languages and technologies that suit them best. This helps us have a big impact at the enterprise level while still feeling small and nimble.
As a principal software engineer on the Content Technology Tribe, you will lead a small team at the center of what makes Cimpress unique: our graphic design content. Engineers with Content Technology design and develop products that enable graphic designers at Cimpress to create beautiful and flexible designs and manage the complexity of a design catalog containing millions of design assets. These designs are the starting point for our customers to create a wide range of personalized products for themselves and their businesses.What You Will Do:
- Lead a squad of five engineers in the design and development of software for the Content Technology Tribe.
- Split your time 30/30/30/10 between ensuring technical excellence/coding/people management/work management.
- Be accountable for the technical excellence of the squad’s work by assisting in software design, promoting technical standards, participating in code reviews, and advocating for quality.
- Write code in our modern stack: C# + .NET Core on the back-end and React.js + Typescript + Node.js on the front-end.
- Manage squad ceremonies such as stand-ups, sprint planning and reviews, and retrospectives.
- Coach, mentor, and manage the performance of your team members.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner for Content to manage the squad backlog and generate a forward-looking vision for the domain.
- Participate on the tribe leadership team with other squad leads and product owners.
- 10+ years of industry experience writing commercial software.
- 3+ years of experience managing direct reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English.
- Experience and expertise with writing object-oriented back-end software and web-based network services.
- Experience with both database programming and front-end programming.
- College-level courses in the fundamentals of computer science: data structures and algorithms, computer languages, operating systems, etc.
- Experience using .NET and C# a plus.
- Experience using React, Typescript, and Node.js a plus.
- Experience using AWS a plus.
At Vistaprint, we put great importance into the wellbeing of our employees, which is why we offer perks that ensure a phenomenal work/life balance. Perks include flexible schedules, work from home capabilities, and very generous time off, including our unique sabbatical-like program, “Vistabreak”, to name a few!About Us:
Led by founder and CEO Robert Keane, Cimpress invests in and helps build customer-focused, entrepreneurial mass customization businesses. Through the personalized physical (and digital) products these companies create, we empower over 17 million global customers to make an impression. Last year, Cimpress generated $2.88B in revenue through customized print products, signage, apparel, packaging and more. The Cimpress family includes a dynamic, international group of businesses and central teams, all working to solve problems, build businesses, innovate and improve.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Cimpress Tech, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.