Principal Software Engineer at edX
Principal Software Engineer - Master's Team
edX is an open source educational software startup venture founded by MIT and Harvard. At edX, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to career and lifelong success.
You will join the team responsible for building new platform capabilities by offering high quality, affordable online Master’s degrees. We're looking for a Principal Engineer to join the team to help implement and propose new features. Your work will be used in production by millions of learners from all over the world.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand business problems and identify solutions
- Provide mentorship to team members and assist with feedback on code reviews
- Weigh in on technical decisions, implementations, and trade-offs that impact engineering teams across the organization
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout the software life cycle
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a work atmosphere that encourages continuous improvement
Qualifications & Skills:
- Real-world experience with web development frameworks like Django
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Demonstrated skills in building service-oriented architectures
- Prior experience researching and proposing new technologies
- Ability to problem solve and drive projects with loosely defined requirements
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Nice to Have:
- Contributions to Open Source projects
- Prior work building Static Websites and Single-Page Applications
- Architecture and solutions development leveraging microservices
- Test Driven Development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with compliant front-end development standards and accessibility best practices
edX is an MIT startup company that offers highly competitive benefits and retirement plans, free lunches every day, and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of our mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.