Principal Software Engineer at DUST Identity
DUST Identity is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team in Framingham, MA.
DUST Identity is a physical object security solution that uses nano-diamonds to securely tag physical objects so they are uniquely identifiable.
Think of a bar code, but invisible and unfalsifiable. With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object- whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless artifact- is genuine.
DUST aims to become the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
Start Date: Immediately
Eligibility: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- A full suite of traditional benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Free on-site parking
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will own the scalability, speed, and security of the DUST Platform. You will work closely with hardware and computer vision experts to understand the computational and data requirements of the system; apply your system design expertise to plan and construct solutions that meet and exceed customer needs; and promote best practices in both code and communication within the software team.
You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven’t been solved before.
Alongside the day-to-day work, you will be a key part of growing the engineering and company culture from an early stage.What You’ll Do
- Work cross-functionally with product, software, hardware, and computer vision to understand the system constraints and requirements
- Own the architecture, and lead the implementation, of critical components of DUST’s software
- Ensure the availability and reliability of all of our systems at scale
- Spur innovation, performance, security, and scalability
- Experience leading the architecture and support of enterprise-scale systems
- Experience developing, deploying, and managing production multi-cloud solutions, preferably using containerization and orchestration technologies
- Empathy for the user, and a desire to understand their problems and goals
- Excitement about creatively and collaboratively solving new problems
- Suggestions of good lunch places for New Food Fridays
- Python + Flask
- React.js + Redux
At DUST we know that transformational products are created through diversity of people, perspectives, and backgrounds. We foster a culture of inclusivity and respect. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Due to the nature of the projects involving the US government, only permanent residents or citizens of the US are eligible to apply.