Principal Software Engineer
In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded ezCater. Today, ezCater is the only nationwide online marketplace for business catering in the United States a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.3M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings and events. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we're on a path to $2B in 2020, and we'll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our technology goals. These include decomposing our existing platform into micro-services and building new products, like ezManage, from the ground up.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article for a glimpse into our culture.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage Rails, React, and GraphQL to build new features, applications, and services as we continually expand
- Work with SREs to build scalable, reliable micro and macro services
- Get ahead of technical growth challenges to enable continued doubling of core systems
- Build tools & patterns to help new developers onboard successfully and delightedly into our technical ecosystem.
- 7+ years of professional web development experience, ideally using Ruby on Rails
- Strong skills in distributed systems
- Experience with scaling high volume OLTP systems a major plus
- A strong appetite for learning and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.