Principal Software Engineer
We are seeking a passionate, product-focused Principal Software Engineer who thrives on delivering exceptional results and delighting customers.
- Leading the development of new features from conception
- Working in close collaboration with Professional Services, Support and Pre-sales, providing support as needed
- Participating in the design, development, testing and deployment of high quality, secure and highly available search platform
- Providing support for technical architecture and mentor junior members
- Working in a highly cross-functional capacity, partnering with product management, QA, technical writers, and service delivery professionals.
- Minimum of BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of experience with Java Enterprise experience (JEE, Spring, Messaging , Databases)
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Hbase, HDFS , Hive,YARN, ZooKeeper)
- Experience with Messaging systems (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience writing public facing REST WebServices
- Experience with high transaction and high volume applications.
- Great software design skills and sound engineering instincts
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to pick new technologies
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Prior team and technical leadership
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with Search technologies (Lucene , Solr , Elastic Search)
- Experience with AWS (S3, SNS , EC2)
- Experience with Machine Learning , NLP
- Experience with Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)