Principal Software Engineer in Test at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
The quality or internally referred to as, the Canary team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer in Test that will help provide direction and leadership on the test strategy and processes at Abacus Insights. This is a critical member for our team that will help design and implement our test automations frameworks and as well as identifying and defining acceptance criteria for multiple test types (which includes performance testing, and recommending best practice testing tools). This technical leadership role will work across multiple applications and technologies in collaboration with the agile scrum teams and other key roles within the product team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide consultation on complex testing strategies for the Abacus products in the form of design, development, implementation and maintenance modifications to test automation architecture and functional, or performance testing framework
- Lead in definition and implementation of direction on automation techniques and adherence to standards.
- Ensure software quality via continuous and iterative testing approach
- Understand and provide oversight on the test infrastructure
- Help create, consult and promote an environment where Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
- Create and validate automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product.
- Work with complex applications developed on AWS, PCF or similar platforms
- Develop cloud-native applications on AWS, PCF, Azure, or GCP using programming and scripting languages such as Java, Python, NodeJS.
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert in internal review of software components and systems
- Work on the hardest technical problems facing the company, often these problems are complex and require the utmost creativity and innovation.
- Build and architect highly scalable distributed platforms, serverless applications, data pipelines, data migration pipelines, and data warehouse using Amazon Web Services cloud technologies like S3, Athena, Redshift, Kubernetes, RDS, Step function, Lambdas, EKS cluster, Autoscaling group, Kinesis, SQS.
- Building products on some production-grade big data systems such as Spark, Kafka, Storm, and Hadoop.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Solid object-oriented programming and software design skills
- Strong programming skills, primarily in Python/Java. Experience in multiple programming language is preferred.
- Be a quality champion, manual and automated testing
- Provide technical mentorship and leadership thorough design and code reviews
- Ability to read and analyze application logs, GC logs, thread dumps, head dumps etc. Experience in JVM and SQL queries performance tuning
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills
- Experienced with Service Virtualization using open source or commercial tools
- Exposure to technologies Micro Services, Cloud Native development, Cloud powered data analytics.
- Experience in building software on cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience in microservices architecture, container management, service mesh, API gateways and tools like Kubernetes
- 4+ years of Relational Database Management System (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation.