Principal Software Engineer in Test at Kyruus
Principal Software Engineer in Test
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
- Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
- Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
- Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Principal Software Engineer in Test role.
As a member of the Enterprise Scheduling team, you’ll design and develop test automation frameworks to support our scheduling software products, and related customer onboarding tools. You’ll implement testing strategies to improve the quality of our software as we grow its complexity, volume, and value delivered to our customers. You will also be hands-on with testing products and functional areas in the Enterprise Scheduling area.
- You’ll serve as the quality assurance subject matter expert for your Agile team, preferably leveraging your AWS-enabled hosted enterprise software experience. You’ll provide thought and practice leadership regarding QA to other Agile teams.
- You’ll collaborate with area Engineering Director and Agile team to develop QA and automation programs, guidelines, and best practices that will enable engineers to build quality into how we develop and deploy software.
- You’ll design and develop tools for testing quality of provider schedule configuration and related availability data to enable Client Delivery teams and customers to gain confidence and improve time to value with Kyruus’ booking products.
- You’ll work with the Platform and Client Delivery teams to setup and debug test environments for delivery of product capabilities as well as Customer Go Live milestones.
- You’ll report to the Director, Engineering in the Search & Scheduling department within the R&D - Engineering division.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your 8+ years of experience as a QA Engineer/Software Engineer in Test, preferably in a SaaS software development environment to:
- Help the Agile team build quality into their deliverables using your knowledge of AWS managed services. It would be nice if you had experience with Lambda, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, S3, DynamoDB ,and Codepipeline
- Develop test methodologies for products integrating with third party APIs
- Create automated tests for improvements in coverage and performance. Our environment is python based.
- You will enable detection of quality issues earlier in the software development lifecycle, even as early as the planning and requirements phases.
You’ll use your experience in relevant QA and automation technologies to:
- Make “build vs. buy” decisions to identify test software and tools to use for automation and collaborate with Platform team to integrate test automation into our CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop performance and load testing frameworks and tests in addition to those focused on functional quality.
You’ll use your communication and active listening skills to:
- Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project to ensure completeness of test plans
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your Agile team
- Mentor engineers on QA and automation best practices
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You play an active role in improving the quality of availability data in production by building continuous feedback mechanisms into our automated test frameworks.
- You encourage a data-driven approach to identifying the areas we can improve
- You improve feature velocity and developer productivity by establishing processes for validating code deployments through development, staging and production environments.
Where You’ll Go From Here
- Kyruuvians in the Principal Software Engineer in Test role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here you could become a Principal Software Engineer in Test II, or an Engineering Manager in Test. Continued career progression can involve growth along either the Technical track or transitioning to a Management track.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.