Cogito is seeking an experienced and technically proficient Principal Software Engineer in Test who will be the lead for all things automation within our software architecture. This person will be the focal point for QA team's automation strategy and collaboration with development team for continuous integration and Continuous delivery, to achieve faster time to the market and consistent, high quality releases.
- Hands-on authoring, building and adopting large scale, cross-functional automation frameworks with balanced coverage across UI, back-end integration, database levels, etc
- Co-author / architect a new Cogito Corp CI/CD process
- Determine and devise the proper level of automated test coverage to incorporate into the CI/CD process
- Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework & approach across project teams
- Oversee technological execution of the recommended automation solution roadmap across project teams
- Define and publish key performance metrics for the automated testing
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and mentoring to implement test automation across project teams
- Deep understanding of different test automation approaches (keyword-driven, Data-driven, BDD, hybrid) and technology.
- Understanding of web, mobile, API and database testing technologies
- Ongoing knowledge of automated testing industry best practices and trends
- Demonstrated experience in defining and implementing several test automation solutions leveraging one or more of the following: Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, SoapUI, Postman, Protractor, Jmeter, LoadRunner, Visual Studio Load Test, Grinder, Gatling
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your family’s health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
• Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
• 401(k) retirement plan options
• Ongoing professional development and cross-training
• 20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriot’s Day is a holiday)
• 2 "Be Gentle" personal days
• Company paid parental leave upon hire
• Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
• Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• Stocked groceries in the kitchen
• Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.