Principal Software Engineer - SQL/NoSQL at Veeva
| Greater Boston Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:54 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, January 29, 2022
Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech’s run clinical trials and get medicines to the patients that need them. Veeva’s enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere’ company, so you can connect with teams in our new office at 100 Summer Street in Boston while also having the flexibility to work remotely from home. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
This is a top software engineer job that incorporates everything you’ve worked so hard for. And with the mission of creating cloud software that helps speed up the innovation and delivery of critical treatments and medicines to patients around the globe, it simply doesn’t get any more important than this.
Your impact as a seasoned technical problem-solver will mean you will be focused on building software that can not only scale for heavy use, but that can also evolve with new features and capabilities. And because this senior role is independent, you will have equal influence to drive the direction of the build, be an advisor to product leadership and mentor freshly minted software engineers in their new career.
As a Principal Software Engineer that specializes in SQL and NoSQL, you will need to leverage your expertise to scale large data. You should be able to drive good query optimization and product direction while making prudent technical choices. Someone in this role would need to be fluent in working with different streams or sources of data and bring them together to a standard schema.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems with a specific focus on database-oriented optimization.
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance.
- Quickly break down complex problems into potential solutions, accounting for knowns and unknowns, in order to get to solid resolutions faster.
- Passion to mentor and guide engineers at all levels
- Define, evangelize and mentor on best practices and coding standards.
- Extensive experience reviewing code engineers of all levels.
- 12+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience developing large scale enterprise SaaS cloud applications
- Proven track record of building high volume products at scale
- Expertise with SQL configuration and optimization
- Experience with columnar databases and AWS
- Experience with Redshift or MongoDB
- Hands-on development experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, AspectJ, Messaging)
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]