- You’ll design and write code (lots!) to make progress toward assigned tasks on product roadmap and/or planned customer commitments.
- You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You may play a specific role (such as Team Lead or Architect Owner) on your Agile team.
- You’ll help drive clarity in our sprint planning. You’ll contribute to task definition, prioritization, and assignment. You’ll drive your deliverables with a sense of urgency and ownership along with surfacing risks, mitigating them, and suggesting course corrections when appropriate.
- You’ll be comfortable taking on tasks with ambiguous business requirements and unclear technical strategy. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to identify bring order to chaos in terms of defining technical strategy and clarity of incremental execution.
- You’ll provide technical mentorship to fellow engineers.
- You’ll work with Engineering management and Product to get customer feedback to inform our architecture and technical designs.
- You’ll report to the Manager, Engineering in the Search Department within the R&D - Engineering Division.
Respect: How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 8+ years programming experience to:
- Help your Agile team develop pragmatic and scalable solutions to complex technical design problems and user workflows.
- Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions.
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies relevant to add to our stack.
- Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project.
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your Agile team.
- Mentor fellow engineers.
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
Empowerment: How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You are a highly productive engineer committing a substantial amount of high-quality code reliably and on time to help the team achieve product roadmap goals and customer commitments.
- You regularly write excellent documentation.
- You follow Agile practices in your daily and weekly work and are extremely dependable.
- You mentor engineers on areas of your technical expertise and share your knowledge on relevant topics with Kyruuvians by presenting at Lunch & Learns, Technical Brown Bags, and internal demos.
- When presented with challenging situations or unexpected obstacles to your team’s progress, you unblock your team by developing creative solutions and mitigating technical risks.
- You anticipate and develop strategies for future requirements and trends within your product area.
- Kyruuvians in the Principal Software Engineer I role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here, you could move up to be a Principal Software Engineer II, or you could move into a Manager, Engineering position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.