Principal Software Engineer - Scheduling Team
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
- Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
- Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
- Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
About the Scheduling team -
A doctor’s calendar is way more complicated than yours or mine. A doctor isn’t simply “free” or “busy”; they have distinct blocks of time to see different types of patients, and rules about how many types a day they can see. Of course, every brand of hospital software implements these rules differently, and every hospital has different rules.
The scheduling team’s mission is to create a single index that can track every doctor and every appointment, and provide the integration back to book appointments. We use big data techniques in AWS Lambda so that we can process this data as quickly as possible, as any and every booking or cancellation affects the index.Kyruus offers the first & only product to search & book multiple doctors across multiple hospitals.
You’ll be passionate that the Scheduling Team’s mission is to enable cross-hospital booking of providers (doctors, physicians’ assistants, etc). You’ll understand how complicated a provider’s calendar is -- every hour has a rule about how it can be scheduled, every vendor models it differently, and every hospital uses the vendors’ software differently. You’ll be self-driven about developing a unifying index for all providers, and a universal endpoint to book appointments.
You’ll design, develop, debug, and test code to support our software products. You’ll understand requirements and translate them into production-worthy capabilities to make progress on our product roadmap and planned customer commits.
- Your typical day will include writing code and reviewing others’ code. You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You may play a specific role (such as Team Lead or Architect Owner) on your Agile team.
- You’ll help drive clarity in our sprint planning. You’ll contribute to task definition, prioritization, and assignment. You’ll drive your deliverables with a sense of urgency and ownership along with surfacing risks, mitigating them, and suggesting course corrections when appropriate.
- You are comfortable taking on tasks with ambiguous business requirements and unclear technical strategy. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to identify bring order to chaos in terms of defining technical strategy and clarity of incremental execution.
- You’ll provide technical mentorship to fellow engineers.
- You’ll work with Engineering management and Product to get customer feedback to inform our architecture and technical designs that could span multiple functional systems.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your 8+ years programming experience to:
- Help your Agile team develop pragmatic and scalable solutions to complex technical design problems and user workflows
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with high quality designs and code
- Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
You’ll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies relevant to add to our stack.
You’ll use your communication and active listening skills to:
- Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your Agile team
- Mentor fellow engineers
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You are a highly productive engineer committing a substantial amount of high-quality code reliably and on time to help the team achieve product roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You regularly write excellent documentation.
- You follow Agile practices in your daily and weekly work and are extremely dependable.
- You mentor engineers on a wide range of technical areas that you’re a subject matter expert and share your knowledge on relevant topics with Kyruuvians by presenting at Lunch & Learns, Technical Brown Bags, and internal demos.
- When presented with challenging situations or unexpected obstacles to your team’s progress or that of cross-functional projects, you unblock these projects by developing creative solutions and mitigating technical risks.
- You anticipate and develop strategies for future requirements and trends within your product area and/or dependent areas that share adjacencies with your team.
- Kyruuvians in the Principal Software Engineer role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here, you could move up to be a Software Architect, or you could move into a Senior Manager, Engineering position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.