Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to play a critical role in further scaling and developing Toast’s cloud platform and infrastructure. Toast’s platform processes tens of millions of requests per day from hundreds of internal services and more than a hundred thousand mobile devices; these numbers grow exponentially year over year as we add new restaurants and capabilities to the platform. Our team is responsible for developing secure, observable, highly available, large-scale shared services and infrastructure.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Designing, building, and maintaining super reliable, high performance services and infrastructure
- Enabling other R&D teams to be super efficient by designing, building, and maintaining microservice development tooling
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations across infrastructure, database, web, and mobile applications
- Working with industry authorities to evaluate and implement new technology
- Actively contributing to product design and feature selection discussions
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proficient in object oriented languages
- Well-versed in software architecture
- Experienced in building and designing complex, mission critical, or large scale systems or experienced in designing build systems and microservice templates or frameworks.
- Experience or desire to manage or lead a small team of engineers
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.